dkny2015

DKNY

dknyora

20080520

good save the queen


STYLE CREDO I like to dress like a different character every day, like Snow White or Heidi. This is my gypsy princess outfit. I think it’s fun. I can’t dress like this back home in Holland, though. There, they laugh at you if you’re wearing big sunglasses.
SPEAKING OF BIG GLASSES My boyfriend had a pair of big glasses with no lenses that he had worn to a costume party. I started wearing them and got really obsessed. It looks quirky, and you can hide behind them. Most models are trying to look sophisticated — it’s fun to just look like a nerd. But so many people are wearing big glasses that I started to feel a bit silly in them. I have a pair of little round ones from Paul Smith that I wear now.
FAVORITE PLACE TO SHOP The flea markets in Berlin. They’re still so cheap. You can find a Yashica camera for seven euros.
CURRENT OBSESSIONS Cat suits. I just ordered a harlequin one on the Internet. I wear them with waistcoats and necklaces and hats. And sequins. Half my wardrobe is all these crazy sequin dresses and leotards.
CURRENT PROJECT I’m working on having a photo exhibit in London this fall. I shoot backstage at fashion shows, and each season I use a different lens or camera. It gives it a different feel. I love photography. I was studying it in London when I was scouted. And I can’t be a model forever.

nytimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...